The Teaching Assistant is a key member of the school staff and works together with other staff members to support the mission, vision and values of TDCA. He/She is responsible to assist TDCA teachers in the designated classrooms at
TDCA. The Teaching Assistant is committed to offering high-quality education for students while promoting the culture of TDCA and upholding the family partnership model. He/She creates an open and honest work environment that inspires professionalism and rewards creative, innovative teaching.
• Minimum 2 years tutoring or teaching experience preferred.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree at a college or university.
• CPR certification preferred.
1. Teaching Assistant Responsibilities:
• Physical Environment: Assist teachers to incorporate creative displays in classroom that showcase student work. Ensure that physical space (classroom and playground) is clean and safe.
• Provide an attractive and welcoming space for students to learn in (ie. bulletin boards organized by subject area, clearly labeled areas for centers).
• Maintain spaces for students that encourage inquiry-based learning.
• Maintain a print-rich classroom environment.
• Perform basic office duties which include making copies & completing projects as designed by the classroom teacher.
• Respond to students with love, kindness, and patience.
• Pray for students regularly.
• Assist teacher with classroom management.
• Work in small groups with students.
• Work 1:1 with students to foster and strengthen learning.
• Teach and implement Common Core & NGSS standards in a combo classroom under the guidance of the lead Classroom Teacher (if in an elementary classroom)
• Assist teacher in teaching Bible curriculum.
• Assess student learning and provide feedback regularly.
• Leading students in elective courses.
• Facilitating teacher appointed schedules for the classroom (ie. For younger students, this may include a “rest time” and various elective classes such as P.E., Art, or Dance).
• Proactively involve students in opportunities to give back to the community.
• Encourage students to pray for the community and the world.
• Family Partnership:
• Uphold clear classroom expectations and encourage parent involvement in student learning.
• Operate in open communication with parents after working with students in the classroom.
• Listen to parent feedback to improve and enhance curriculum.
• Relay parent concerns and requests to Classroom Teacher.
• Ability to interact with families in a nurturing, compassionate, and sincere manner.
2. Team-Centered Responsibilities:
• Team leadership – Consult with Classroom Teacher and Principal to proactively address concerns as they arise.
• Practice open and brave communication with staff regularly through face-to-face, electronic and verbal communications.
• Fundraising: Support school fundraisers
• Marketing / Outreach: Continually promote TDCA as a high quality educational program.
• Secure campus by closing gate, setting up playgroup equipment & intaking students at drop-off.
3. Individual Responsibilities:
• Arrive on time for work and contact the administrative team when delayed.
• Be reliable in attendance and give ample notice for absences.
• Dress professionally and appropriately.
• Come to work with a positive attitude.
• Approach criticism with a learning attitude.
• Practice brave communication by speaking directly with people and avoiding gossip.
• Be flexible in scheduling to meet the needs of the school.
• Live a consecrated lifestyle of purity.
• Live a lifestyle of prayer with weekly time spent in prayer room (2 hrs/week)
• Demonstrate honesty, integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
• Show initiative in problem solving and be open to new ideas.
• Approach challenges with imagination and a sense of humor.
• Create a welcoming, positive environment school-wide by:
• Being actively engaged with children.
• Speaking to children at eye level.
• Being friendly, warm and affectionate.
• Using appropriate voice and tone.
• Encouraging children’s independence and self-help skills.
4. Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Assist in classrooms as needed.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Able to walk, bend, stand, squat or sit on the floor (with children) throughout an 8-hour day.
• Able to walk up and down steps several times each day.
• Able to physically respond quickly in an emergency.
• Understand the risk of exposure to blood and bodily fluids and use universal precautions in such instances.
• Able to travel to various locations for field trips or outings. On these occasions, public transportation or other acceptable modes of transportation may be employed.
• Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record for past three years.
Thank you for your interest and excitement to work at TDCA.
Once we receive and review your application, a TDCA administrative personnel will contact you with the result.
For questions, please email email@example.com